WESTERN EUROPE IS– Countries– 5
- WHITE= | RED= “Almost Everything” **Refer to “Countries/ Sub-Chapters” For Varietal Information
GEOGRAPHY– HEMISPHERE-Northern, Europe(West), REGION-Western Europe
- COUNTRIES-England, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Wales
TOPOGRAPHY– FEATURES– “Flat/ Rolling/ Hilly/ Mountainous/ Valley/ Terraced”
- Mediterranean Basin- Region of Land Around the Mediterranean Sea That have a Mediterranean Climate and Supports Characteristic of Mediterranean Forests, Woodlands and Agriculture.
- Alps Mountain Range- Italy/ France
- Apennine Mountains– Italy
- Pyrenees Mountains- France/ Spain
CLIMATE– “Atlantic/ Oceanic”, “Mediterranean”, “Continental”
- GULF STREAM– A Powerful, Warm Atlantic Ocean Current That Originates In the Gulf of Mexico and Stretches From Florida and Up Eastern Coastline of the United States Before Crossing the Atlantic Ocean Where is Sprits Into the North Atlantic Drift Bringing Warm Water and Influences a Warmer Climate to England and Processing Down the European Continent to the Countries of the Iberian Peninsula of Spain and Portugal.
SOILS– “Metamorphic”, “Volcanic”, “Sedimentary”
EUROPE WINE LAW & CLASSIFICATION
- GOVERNING BODY- European Union– Membership of 28 Advanced Western Industrialized Counties, Co-Operating For Both Economic and Political Benefits
- EU. & WINE/ European Union Wine Regulation- Legislation Related to Wine Existing Within the European Union. These Regulations are Part of Common Agricultural Policy CAP. of the European Union, and Regulates Winemaking Practices and Principles for Wine Classification and Labelling Among Other Things.
GEOGRAPHIC DISCLAIMER~ “To Understand the Wine World and Benefit From DtheV.com a Understanding of Western Europe’s Geography is Needed and the Ability to Visualize Its Wine Regions Topography. Western Europe is Organized In a North to South / East to West Orientation and Intended to Be Researched and Memorized as So.”
- SUB-CHAPTERS Of WESTERN EUROPE
- IBERIAN PENINSULA
- **Refer to These Proceeding Sub-Chapters For Detailed Information.
**Refer to “BIBLIOGRAPHY/ Sources” For Details On Scholarly Works Referenced.