HUMIDITY– Amount of Water Vapor In Atmosphere at Any Given Time, Measured as Percentage of Relative Humidity (%RH.)
- VITICULTURE– BENEFIT–
- Perfect for Botrytis
- VITICULTURE– CHALLENGE– ~High Humidity~
- Wet and Humid Weather is Associated With Disease Pressure Like Mold/ Mildew/ Fungal Diseases and Has Effects On Vine Growth and Development as Well as Storage of Wine In Barrels.
- Perfect Conditions For Botrytis
- CLASSIC HUMID CLIMATES
- Rheingau Tokaj Aszu DHC.
- Contnari Alsace AOC.
- Sauternes AOC.
DEW= Water Which Condenses On Vines When Air is Cool Below “Dew Point”
- Dew Point- Point When Air Becomes Fully Saturated by its Water Content
EVAPORATION= Conversion of Water From Liquid to Gas or Vapor Brought About by Absorption of Heat.
- From Soil (Reduces Water Available to Vine and Causes Water Stress)
- From Grapes Vine Leaves (Transpiration)
- From Grape Bunches
- From Storage (Causes Loss of Wine Stored in Oak Barrel During Maturation)
TRANSPIRATION= Process of Water Movement Through a Plant From the Roots to “Aerial” Parts, Such as Leaves, Stems, Flowers Where it Changes to Vapor and is Released to the Atmosphere.
**Refer to “BIBLIOGRAPHY/ SOURCES” For Details On Scholarly Works Referenced